SHine SA Confidentiality Policy
All information provided by or about you will only be accessible to you and your SHine SA service provider, unless you have given permission or one of the following situations has occurred:
- Suspected or reported child abuse or neglect (mandatory reporting applies)
- You have a notifiable infection which must be reported to SA Health
- There is a subpoena of records by a Court of Law
- If it is not safe or possible to seek consent or consent has been refused and the disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the life, health or safety of a person or group of people.
If you have any confidentiality concerns or suggestions, please contact SHine SA via telephone on 1300 794 584 or via this website.
Who and what is covered by this policy?
This policy covers all services that SHine SA provides. The following people must follow this policy:
- SHine SA staff
- Visiting or temporary workers
- Students on placements
- People providing services with SHine SA
How does SHine SA maintain confidentiality?
- A contract of confidentiality is signed by all staff when they start employment with SHine SA
- Your information will only be discussed with workers who have a professional responsibility or professional interest
- Places where services are provided are private
- Access to your records is restricted to those with a direct professional responsibility