South Australians aged 16 – 30 years now have the opportunity to access a free urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, South Australia’s most common sexually transmitted infections.
There is no need to see a doctor first, which makes the process free, easy and more private.
Accessing the free STI test is a 3-step process:
- Go to www.getcheckednow.com.au and answer 7 questions to see if you should get tested
- Fill out and download an SA Pathology test request form
- Show the form at the nearest SA Pathology branch and give a urine sample
What happens after the test?
- Test results will be available within a week
- SHine SA nurses will review the results and contact those with positive test results
- The nurse will talk about how to get treatment, how to let partners know that they should get tested and when to get checked again
- The website also has a tool for anonymously contacting partners via email or SMS