NOTE: The www.getcheckednow.com.au online service is currently unavailable. To arrange an STI check please call for an appointment on 1300 794 584.
South Australians aged 16–30 years now have the opportunity to access a free urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, South Australia’s most common sexually transmitted infections.
There is no need to see a doctor first, which makes the process free, easy and more private.
Accessing the free STI test is a 3-step process:
- Go to www.getcheckednow.com.au and answer 7 questions to see if you should get tested
- Fill out and download an SA Pathology test request form
- Show the form at the nearest SA Pathology branch and give a urine sample
What happens after the test?
- Test results will be available within a week
- SHINE SA nurses will review the results and contact those with positive test results
- The nurse will talk about how to get treatment, how to let partners know that they should get tested and when to get checked again
- The website also has a tool for anonymously contacting partners via email or SMS