COVID-19 – Update for Clients
The health and wellbeing of our staff, clients and community are our priority at SHINE SA. We will be responding to updated health information in our commitment to this priority.
Update 24 March 2020: SHINE SA Woodville is temporarily closed until further notice, SHINE SA Hyde Street Practice remains open
SHINE SA continues to monitor developments relating to COVID-19. Our priority is, as always, the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients and community.
In light of this we have now implemented further measures that maintain our commitment to this priority:
- Due to staff shortages and in order for us to provide the safest possible service SHINE SA Woodville is temporarily closed until further notice. This will come in to place from Wednesday 25 March 2020 from 5:00pm. We encourage those seeking a sexual health appointment to call 8300 5300, for General Practitioner and specialist appointments call 7099 5320.
- There is currently no Walk-In and Wait service available, appointments must be made by phone. Please note that we are prioritising appointments, please call us to discuss further.
- From 25 March 2020 the Clean Needle Program at Woodville will not be accessible. The nearest Clean Needle Program sites are KT Hendon 45 Tapleys Hill Road, Hendon; Wonggangga Turtpandi Aboriginal Primary Health Care Service Church Street, Pt Adel and SIN 220 South Road, Mile End.
We thank our clients and community for their understanding and support during this time.
Update 23 March 2020: Walk-In and Wait Service temporarily unavailable
Walk-in and Wait Services are currently unavailable at Woodville and Hyde Street Practice. Instead, please phone 8300 5300 to discuss your need for an appointment. Please note, there will be a reduction in face-to-face appointments. To keep everyone safe we will be prioritising appointments by need.
Update 17 March 2020:
In light of updated government recommendations we wanted to let you know that we have introduced the following to continue to provide our service:
- We have implemented recommended cleaning and infection control processes to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19
- We ask that all clients use hand sanitiser on entry to the clinic room and wash your hands thoroughly after using the bathroom
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you have any respiratory symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath and generally feeling unwell) OR are required to self-quarantine (because you have recently travelled from overseas, you are being tested for COVID-19, or you have been in contact with a person with COVID-19). If you are at risk and come to one of our clinics you will put our community, clients and staff at risk
- When you are at our clinics, you will notice that our staff will engage in social distancing and we ask that you do so as well. This is particularly important when in our waiting room. Please minimise the people you bring with you to our clinics
- To keep us all safe SHINE SA will ensure that staff do not come to work if they are unwell
Thank you for support and understanding to help keep everyone as safe as possible during this time.
SHINE SA clinic information can be found at Find a Clinic.
For further information on COVID-19 and what to do if you’re feeling unwell visit SA Health.