COVID-19 – Update for Clients
SHINE SA continue to monitor developments relating to COVID-19. Our priority is, as always, the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients and community.
We have implemented measures to keep everyone as as possible during this time:
SHINE SA Woodville is temporarily closed until further notice,
SHINE SA Hyde Street Practice remains open
This comes in response to staff shortages and allows us to provide the safest possible service. This occurred on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
All initial consultations are now by phone
We encourage those seeking a sexual health appointment to call 8300 5300, for General Practitioner and specialist appointments call 7099 5320.
Most of our consultations are now provided by telehealth where the doctor will phone you for your initial consultation. Some clients will be seen face-to-face.
Walk-In and Wait services are temporarily unavailable
Appointments must be made by phone. Please note that we are prioritising appointments, please call us to discuss further.
Clean Needle Program at Woodville is temporarily closed until further notice
The nearest Clean Needle Program sites are KT Hendon 45 Tapleys Hill Road, Hendon; Wonggangga Turtpandi Aboriginal Primary Health Care Service Church Street, Pt Adel and SIN 220 South Road, Mile End.
In addition to these measures SHINE SA have introduced the following to continue to provide our service:
- Most of our appointments will now be provided by telehealth with limited face-to-face appointments at our Hyde Street Practice
- We continue to implement recommended cleaning and infection control processes to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19
- We ask that all clients follow our directions when coming to the clinic
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you have any respiratory symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath and generally feeling unwell) OR are required to self-quarantine (because you have recently travelled from overseas, you are being tested for COVID-19, or you have been in contact with a person with COVID-19). If you are at risk and come to one of our clinics you will put our community, clients and staff at risk
- When you are at our clinics, you will notice that our staff will engage in social distancing and we ask that you do so as well. This is particularly important when in our waiting room. Please do not bring anyone to the clinic with you.
- We have organised some temporary parking controls in front of the Hyde Street Practice which staff will advise you about if you have a face-to-face appointment
- To keep us all safe, SHINE SA will ensure that staff do not come to work if they are unwell
We thank our clients and community for their understanding and support during this time.
SHINE SA clinic information can be found at Find a Clinic.
For updates to our Sexual Health Counselling please visit our Counselling page.
For further information on COVID-19 and what to do if you’re feeling unwell visit SA Health.